Staying at the 3-star Points of Interest Near Sheraton- Baltimore Washington Airport Hotel provides you with great offers and excellent access to a wide variety of local attractions and cities a little beyond the horizon. Within the hotel AAA members receive a 15% discount on rooms, children eat for free with every adult size meal, perfect for families and there is free self-parking, airport shuttle, and wi-fi.
But what can you experience when you venture out of the hotel? Let’s see what excitement awaits within a 10-mile radius of the Sheraton BWI Hotel.
Things to Do in Baltimore
- Learn and be entertained at the National Aquarium in Baltimore.
- There are plenty of exciting activities at the Baltimore Inn Harbour, including going on a boat tour and boarding historic vessels that are docked in Baltimore.
- Celebrate America’s favorite past time, by experiencing a baseball game at Oriole Park at Camden Yards.
- With children under the age of 10, visit Port Discovery.
- Paint your face purple and white and cheer on the Baltimore Ravens at the M&T Bank Stadium.
- Shop until you drop at Arundel Mills Mall, and pick up some great clothing deals.
- Mix and mingle with artists at The Whole Gallery, located on the 3rd floor of the H&H building. Alternatively, visit the better-known Art Gallery of Fells Point, which offers a new exhibition every first Monday of the month.
- Discover the stories of the African-American community at the Reginald F. Lewis Museum.
- Be thoroughly entertained at the night-time hotspot Power Planet Live!
- In Downtown Baltimore, dine in one of the many restaurants and try one or more of Baltimore’s classic dishes – anything with crab or lake trout, Berger cookies, and of course snowballs.
- Experience the bright lights and card games of the Maryland Live Casino.
- Take a sip of the Baltimore favorite beer, National Bohemian. It is available in most pubs and bars.
- Try your luck at the Horseshoe Casino
- Visit Fort McHenry National Park and take a selfie alongside the historic monument dedicated to Francis Scott Key, the writer of the US National Anthem.
- Step on board the U.S.S. Constellation, which is said to be haunted. It was commissioned from 1854 through to the end of World War II. See if you can hear or witness any ghostly sounds and figures.
Sheraton BWI Hotel is close to major roadways, making it the perfect starting point for a couple of day trips. The US Capital city, Washington D.C., is only 32 miles away and with a car you can get there in less than an hour. Amazing! Washington D.C. is a must-see destination for any keen global traveler or American citizen.
Not only for its rich political history, but also Washington D.C. has many epic museums and parks to visit, plus, you can experience the actual places shown in your favorite films and tv shows. For example, fans of Oscar-winning film Forrest Gump should visit the Reflection Pool in front of the Abraham Lincoln Memorial and Independence Day fans, need to visit the White House. If you have a favorite film with Washington D.C. locations, you can discover where to visit on IMDB. Simply select the film, scroll down to the ‘details’ section and click ‘filming locations.’
Another city worthy of a day trip in Annapolis, Maryland. It is a mere 26 miles away from the Sheraton BWI hotel. You can explore the city’s countryside, which includes the Chesapeake Bay. Plus, step back in time when you enter the Colonial Annapolis Historic District.