The excitement of your wedding lasts a night, but the excitement of being newlyweds on your honeymoon can last days or weeks! After all the stress leading up to the wedding, it’s time to let loose and relax on your first vacation together as a married couple. But where should you go?
Why Take A Honeymoon
Trip Savvy recommends taking a honeymoon for the following reasons
- To Relax
- To Celebrate
- To Adjust
- To Make Love
- To Be Pampered
- To Explore
- To Taste
- To Sleep in a New Bed
- To Plan for the Future
Keeping those reasons in mind, where you should you go for the perfect honeymoon?
- Lanai, Hawaii – Lanai makes for a great romantic getaway, where you can stay at the newly-renovated Four Seasons Resort. There is an adults-only pool that features waterfalls, lava-rock grottos, and a beautiful view of Hulopoe Bay. If you watch the bay long enough, you’ll be treated to a free dolphin show!
- Montego Bay, Jamaica – The Sandals Royal Caribbean features overwater bungalows and a romantic hammock for two. You’ll also have access to your own private infinity pool and Jacuzzi.
- Bali, Indonesia – Known as the “Isle of the Gods,” this island is a popular romantic getaway. With temples and mountains in every view, The Mulia Resort & Villas makes for a great option. Be sure to visit the Pura Luhur Uluwatu temple, sitting 200 feet above the Indian Ocean.
- Paris, France – Does this need any explanation? The food, art, and architecture will make for a romantic getaway you’ll remember forever. Consider the Suite Life package at the Hotel Plaza Athéneé. When in Paris, tie a symbolic ribbon at the Pond des Art bridge to commemorate your everlasting commitment to one another.
- Venice, Italy – Hop a gondola and take a ride through the historic Grand Canal as you soak in the historic buildings surrounding you. The JW Marriott Venice recently opened, and provides modern luxuries and amenities during your stay.
- Harbour Island, Bahamas – If tropical is your scene, then you surely won’t be disappointed here. The pink sand is one of a kind, and a night’s stay at the Tingum Village Hotel is very affordable. Be sure to treat yourself to a unique lunch at Sip Sip.
- Savannah, Georgia – A bit easier to get to as its located in the continental US, Savannah features amazing eats in cozy settings. Make the most of your honeymoon by staying at The Mansion on Forsyth Park, where you’ll be treated to a first-class art collection, spa, outdoor relaxation pool, and a cooking school.
Let HotelsEscape Help Plan Your Honeymoon Destination
Hotels Escape is constantly finding great hotel deals is locations across the country, which can easily be used when planning your honeymoon destination. For example, consider traveling to Florida, a tropical paradise with an endless summer that is home to more attractions than anywhere in the U.S. Orlando and Daytona Beach are both great options for a fun-filled honeymoon!