The Marriott Bonvoy is a loyalty program that provides its members with ‘world-class benefits’ including extraordinary and exclusive experiences all over the world, with discounted hotel rates and late checkouts.
How do you earn loyalty points?
You earn loyalty points whenever you purchase anything through the Marriott Bonvoy brand and its partners. For example, you can earn rewards through:
- Air travel – Marriott Bonvoy has 40+ airline partners.
- Hotel bookings and hotel purchases, such as dining and spa services. 6,700+ hotels participate in the Marriot loyalty program, including Aloft®, W®, The Ritz-Carlton®, and JW Marriott® hotels.
- Car Rental – When you hire a car with Sixt and Hertz you can earn between 1000-2000 points.
- Cruise – You can earn 3 points for every $1 spent on your next cruise holiday through the exclusive Cruise with a Points system.
- Travel Experiences – A huge collection of sporting, romantic, cultural and food activities are available for you to earn points via Marriot Bonvoy. You can choose anything from a cooking class to see a baseball game, from San Diego to Tokyo, and everything in between.
What can I buy with my loyalty points in New York City?
The experiences provided by Marriott Bonvoy are called Moments and there are two ways to receive these epic exclusive activities, experiences, and items. They are by being the highest bidder in a points auction and by redeeming your points at a set price. Below are 10 examples of Marriott Bonvoy Moments that are currently available for purchase and bidding:
- 4 tickets are available to experience SoundWaves as a VIP. Plus, you and your guests will stay at Gaylord Opryland in Nashville, Tennessee for 2 nights. Choose to visit from 12 July – 8 September 2019. (Bid Only)
- 2 people will dine at Michelin starred restaurant The French Laundry, in Napa Valley, California and receive a kitchen tour on 13 July at 8 pm (Bid Only)
- Get 2 club box seats for the Cincinnati Reds vs. Chicago Cubs Baseball Game at Wrigley Field on either 15, 16 or 17 July
- Attend concerts at the Los Angeles Staples Centre – Shawn Mendes, Backstreet Boys, and Monsta X tickets are currently available.
- 4 guests can savor an unforgettable dinner in the exclusive Skybox at DANIEL, plus receive two autographed cookbooks of ‘My French Cuisine’ by Chef Daniel Boulud and a kitchen tour on July 27th in New York City. (Bid Only)
- Play in the Ment’or Charity Golf Tournament at Liberty National Golf Club with Michelin star Chefs. Plus, dine in New York City, 11 – 15 July (Bid Only)
- See KISS or Travis Scott at the O2 Arena in London.
- 7 packages are available for 2 people to enjoy a private dinner at Michael Mina, San Francisco. You’ll also get to meet the acclaimed chef Michael Mina, snap a photo with him and take home an autographed cookbook. (Bid Only)
- You and friend/partner can take a desert adventure in the Paracas National Reserve in Peru from 1 September to 3 September. (Bid Only)
- Events at Madison Square Gardens, New York City.
How to Join Marriott Bonvoy?
You will start at the complementary member status, then you can progress through 5 membership levels, each providing more and better benefits than the previous level. Progression is achieved when you stay in a Marriott Hotel for a certain amount of nights. For example, you progress from complimentary member to Silver Elite status when you have stayed 10+ nights. If you stay 25 nights within a calendar year, you will reach Gold Elite status. The other member levels are Platinum, Titanium and finally Ambassador Elite (Stay 100 eligible nights and spend $20,000 with us in one year).
You can join online at Marriott.com/loyalty. As soon as you join, you’ll have access to free hotel Wi-Fi and the lowest member hotel rates, all the time. Plus, you can take advantage of the convenient mobile check-in.